Thursday, June 9, 2011

Num Num Num: Taco Pie

This is a recipe that my sister had sent me.   It is so easy and so yummy.  For the crust I have seen recipes call for a pie crust or crescent rolls.  I have used both.  The pie crust is a little richer.  I have also enclosed the pie but prefer to leave it open and just have the cheese as the top.  There are a lot of variations for this as far as adding extra ingredients.
Here is the recipe I usually use:

1 can of Crescent Rolls/or pie crust
1 lb. lean ground beef (i have used ground turkey)
1 8 oz. container of sour cream
1 8 oz. package of finely shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1 package taco seasoning (dry)
1/2 package water (use taco seasoning package)
Spray a 9 inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Line the pie plate with the Crescent Rolls,   making sure to overlap, Fill any gaps and bring up to edge. 
Brown and drain beef. Add Taco Seasoning and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Top crescent rolls with meat mixture. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese. Bake in a 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with extra sour cream, salsa or salsa con queso and shredded lettuce, tomatoes or other toppings of your choice.
 
 

I made this one for a friend . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity